The History of Redwood Christian Center
Redwood Christian Center dates back to about 1952, when Bethany Bible College students were first sent to pastor a store-front work in Felton. A sister congregation, called Faith Chapel, was started in Boulder Creek in the mid-’50s as well. The two were merged in 1965, to remain as the Assembly of God church at Highway 9 and Fall Creek Road to this day – and until Jesus returns for His Bride. We celebrated the 50th anniversary of the work with a reunion of lay and clergy leaders on Sunday, March 10, 2002.
Pastor Buster and Ginger Martin led the church in building the facilities at the present site, between 1960 and 1968. Below, Interim Pastor Rose Warren anointed by out-going pastors Richard (left) and Mandy (second from right) Tennesen, and other leaders of the church.